To assist in the operation and maintenance of the SCA Clubhouse for the SCA Board, administrator and members of the community. The Clubhouse Committee is a standing committee of volunteers within the operating structure of the Summerfield Civic Association (SCA). Official policies and procedures for the committee’s operation, membership and responsibilities are maintained in the SCA Administrators Office.
The Clubhouse Committee consists of twelve (12) Summerfield residents, all in good standing with the association, and is comprise of six (6) men and six (6) women. Each member serves a three year term.
Officers consist of a chairman, vice-chairman and secretary. The committee is assigned a liaison from the SCA Board of Directors to participate in meetings and provide direction from the board.
The committee and the SCA Board liaison to the committee meet in the clubhouse conference room each month, 10 days to 2 weeks prior to the SCA board meeting.
- Inspect the clubhouse to assure it is well maintained, safe, properly used and secured.
- Recommend clubhouse improvement and maintenance projects to the SCA Board and take the lead on implementing projects approved by the board.
- Schedule the clubhouse meeting rooms for special events. Meet with the sponsor of the event to assure they understand how to use the facilities and know their responsibilities.
- Create and maintain the Summerfield event calendar and distribute it for inclusion in the monthly Summerfield Summary newsletter, posting in the clubhouse and posting on the website.
- Supervise the use of the kitchen facilities to assure they are clean, in working order and ready to use for scheduled functions.
- Maintain and organize the advertising and display boards to assure they are current and being use in accordance with SCA policy.
- Supervise the installation and removal of Christmas decorations.
- Train new clubhouse committee members to help them understand how the committee works; understand the policies, procedures, duties and responsibilities of the committee.