Summerfield has an outstanding golf course. In order to maintain this outstanding course in the most economical manner, and to maintain the pleasant atmosphere of Summerfield, it is important that all golfers adhere to these rules.
The Summerfield Golf Shop, starters and marshalls shall be responsible for monitoring these rules. The Marshal Chairman will maintain a record of violations. If an individual accumulates two or more violations, this matter will be referred by the Marshal Chairman to the Summerfield Civic Association Board of Directors.
1. GOLF COURSE USE: The golf course, including cart paths, is to be used only for playing golf. Any other use, day or night, as riding, either in golf cars or on bicycles, jogging or walking, is prohibited. The Golf Pro Shop staff, at their discretion, may approve a non-golfer to accompany a paid golfer as a walker/rider, provided the course is not busy.
It is prohibited to feed the ducks or geese on any part of the golf course; pets are not allowed on the course or in golf cars.
2. GOLFER RESPONSIBILITY: All players using the facilities of the Summerfield Golf Course must abide by the course rules, accepting full responsibility and assuming all risk of injury to themselves, all liability to others, and for any property damage to the course and private residences caused by them while on this golf course. ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE GOLF COURSE.
Course management reserves the right to deny play to any person.
3. TEE TIMES: Tee times may be made one week in advance. Those who have signed up for golf must report in at the Golf Shop at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tee-off time; if golfer is not present, the tee time will be forfeited. If you are unable to meet the scheduled time, please call the Golf Shop at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
4. REGISTRATION: Each person must be registered at the Golf Shop prior to start of each round, have their own bag and clubs, and start at #1 tee, except for special games. Public players and guests of members will use the cash register receipts to verify that proper fees have been paid if challenged by the starter or marshall.
Players who register to play nine holes and then desire to play a second round must register at the Golf Shop. For second round, alternate with players starting their first round of the day except when it interferes with men’s or women’s play day activities.
Singles and twosomes may start only after approval by the starter; no more than four players are permitted to play in one group, except as approved by the Golf Shop.
No more than two golf cars per foursome, or one golf car per twosome are permitted, except when carts are restricted to cart paths. Powered carts and hand carts must be kept on the golf cart paths at tee sites.
5. CHILDREN: Children under 8 years of age will not be permitted on the golf course at any time. Golfers ages 8 to 15 may play with proper supervision (as determined by the Golf Shop).
6. ETIQUETTE: Nine holes of play should be completed in a maximum of two hours; slow players should allow faster players to play through when the next hole is open. Courtesy is primary. Practicing on the course is prohibited. Chipping onto the practice green from a greater distance that 10 feet is prohibited.
7. GOLF ATTIRE: Players must wear suitable attire – shirts and shoes are required. Swimming trunks, high heels, halters or tank tops are not permitted, as specified in Summerfield dress code posted in the Golf Shop.
8. POWERED CARTS: Power carts must display the Summerfield annual registration fee sticker. Carts must be kept at least 30 feet from greens, and pull carts 10 feet from greens and not be pulled between sand traps and greens. When using power carts use the “90 degree” method to approach your ball or return to the cart path.
9. REMEMBER: Replace divots (yours and the ones forgotten by the person ahead of you), repair ball marks on greens, rake bunkers, and replace rake in the trap. A rake in a trap never causes a ball to go into a trap.