Summerfield Newcomers Welcome Committee
Once a year, unless a special need arises
The Chairperson of this Committee is approved by the SCA Board. The commitment is for two years, with the option for a third year. It is best if a Co-Chairperson is selected to assist the Chair. The Chair recruits a member from each of the nineteen areas that Summerfield is divided into and these committee members welcome new residents in their area.
- Lead the Newcomer Welcome Committee in it’s mission to welcome all new residents to Summerfield.
- Work with the office to update the packet of information about Summerfield which is mailed to new residents from the office.
- Preside over the annual meeting in May to share new information and discuss the plan for the upcoming reception.
- Lead the Committee in organizing an annual Newcomer reception which is held in July.
- Recruit new committee members as members retire.
- Packet information:
- Welcome letter from the Summerfield Administrator
- A map of Summerfield
- A organizational chart explaining how Summerfield is governed
- Assessments and Fees
- Swimming Pool Rules
- Golf Course Rules
- Summerfield Clubhouse Use Application
- Architectural/Landscape Manual
- Change Request/Landscape-Architectural Form
- Verbal Information to be given to new residents by committee member: After receiving the name of a new resident in your area:
- Call and identify yourself as their newcomer representative.
- Ask if there are any questions regarding the information packet
- Ask is there are any questions about life in Summerfield
- Offer information on where and when to get a FOB (Office hours 8AM-Noon)
Newcomer Welcome Reception:
Annually , the Committee hosts a reception for all newcomers who have arrived since the previous reception. The Reception is held in July. At these receptions, A SCA Board representative, Committee Chairs and Clubs and Activity representatives are invited to present information and extend a welcome.