The purpose of the Swimming Pool Committee is to promote a safe, clean, positive swimming pool environment for all Summerfield residents and their guests, to continuously review and update the pool rules subject to SCA Board approval, to monitor preventative maintenance and future issues regarding the pool and refer proposals to the SCA Board for their discussion and approval. The swimming pool committee will assist in maintaining the pool in accordance with Oregon State Health Department regulations.
The committee consists of six members including chair, vice-chair, secretary, and three at-large members. Terms of three years each staggered so that two people go off / come on each year.
Meetings will be held in: April, May, June, July, August, September, and October of each year.
- Chair duties will include maintaining communications with the SCA Board Liaison, Summerfield administrator, and pool maintenance person. The chair will set up the agenda for each monthly meeting and run those meetings.
- Vice-chair will be responsible for maintaining a file of copies of monitoring documents and reporting to the committee on the status of the monitoring. The vice-chair shall be available fill the meeting duties when the chair is absent.
- Secretary will keep minutes of each meeting and present them to Summerfield administrator with copies to each committee member.
- At-large positions will be assigned oversight tasks such as scheduling water testers, scheduling pool monitors, organizing cleaning of pool furniture, etc.
- After the initial designation of members, the following year’s members will decide among themselves each year who will fill the following positions: chair, vice-chair, secretary, and the three at-large positions.